Big Loud Records breakout artist Larry Fleet is headed for the debut of his full-length album, and now shares the roots of his soulful sound with the brand-new track, “Stack of Records,”.
As the project’s title track and opening song, the grooving standout serves as Fleet’s Country star origin story, and a swaying tribute to his eclectic influence.
Co-written by Fleet with Ben Hayslip and Eric Paslay, “Stack of Records” speaks to the literal stack of vinyl albums his parents kept at their home in White Bluff, Tennessee. As the talented vocalist was growing up, he became fascinated by the sound of icons from across the American musical spectrum – and that mix wound up helping inspire Fleet’s now-signature fusion of Country, Classic Rock and Soul. “‘Stack of Records’ is practically an autobiography of the music I listened to growing up that made me want to pick up a guitar,” explains Fleet. “I’m grateful to every musical influence that unknowingly shaped me into the artist I am and I hope I can return the favor for someone else one day.”
LISTEN TO “STACK OF RECORDS” HERE
The just-released track previews Fleet’s, STACK OF RECORDS, which arrives on September 24. According to Fleet, the project is a direct result of that fateful record collection. “Every song on this record is based off a stack of records,” he says.
Produced by Joey Moi, the album includes 14 tracks in total – all of which were co-written by Fleet himself – and also features all-star collaborations with Jon Pardi, Jamey Johnson and Bryan Sutton.
The rising talent announced STACK OF RECORDS last week, and along with today’s title track, Fleet has also shared two more examples of what fan will discover: The romantic blast of rural R&B, “Different Shade of Red,” and the spiritually charged Country Soul of his chart-rising single, “Where I Find God.”
Released in early 2020, “Where I Find God” has already racked up more than 32 MILLION on-demand streams, while its official video has been viewed nearly 19 MILLION times on YouTube.
LARRY FLEET – STACK OF RECORDS1. “Stack of Records”– (Larry Fleet, Ben Hayslip, Eric Paslay)
2. “Lifetime Guarantee” – (Larry Fleet, Chris Gelbuda, Brett James)
3. “Where I Find God” – (Larry Fleet, Connie Rae Harrington)
4. “Quittin’ Ain’t Workin'” – (Larry Fleet, Rhett Akins, Will Bundy)
5. “Different Shade of Red” – (Larry Fleet, Lindsay Rimes, Michael Whitworth)
6. “A Life Worth Living” – (Larry Fleet, Will Bundy, Brett James)
7. “Hurt Feelings” – (Larry Fleet, Will Bundy, Brad Warren, Brett Warren)
8. “Church Parking Lot” – (Larry Fleet, Lindsay Rimes, Michael Whitworth)
9. “In Love With My Problems (feat. Jon Pardi)” – (Larry Fleet, Jake Mitchell, Josh Thompson)
10. “Three Chords and a Lie” – (Larry Fleet, Will Bundy, Brett Tyler)
11. “Never Wanna Meet Another Woman” – (Larry Fleet, Will Bundy, Lydia Vaughan)
12. “Heart On My Sleeve” – (Larry Fleet, Will Bundy, Jeff Hyde)
13. “One For The Road” – (Larry Fleet, Emily Fox Landis, Logan Wall)
14. “Highway Feet (feat. Jamey Johnson & Bryan Sutton)” [Bonus] – (Larry Fleet, Jamey Johnson)**
**Bonus track available on physical album and album download